Non-profit organizations create positive social, environmental and economic impacts for their communities. At the same time, they are expected to be role models whose own staff and operations “walk the talk” in terms of sustainability. This can be a challenge given limited time, support and funding.
Edmonton Chamber of Voluntary Organizations and The Natural Step Canada are excited to offer the 2018 NGO Sustainability Champions Workshop Series to help NGOs address these needs with two key outcomes:
- Build the capacity of staff to develop and deliver a strategic plan by applying a world-class planning framework based on the award-winning approached pioneered by The Natural Step
- Develop a sustainability-inspired strategic plan to improve sustainability performance.
The workshop is designed for staff from Edmonton-based NGOs who:
- Are keen to build their own knowledge and skills on strategic and sustainability planning
- Want to improve their organization’s sustainability performance
- Enjoy connecting with peers to engage in dialogue and shared learning