Non-profit organizations create positive social, environmental and economic impacts for their communities. At the same time, they are expected to be role models whose own staff and operations “walk the talk” in terms of sustainability. This can be a challenge given limited time, support and funding.
Edmonton Chamber of Voluntary Organizations and The Natural Step Canada are excited to offer the 2018 NGO Sustainability Champions Workshop Series to help NGOs address this need with two key outcomes:
- Build the capacity of staff to develop and deliver a strategic plan by applying a world-class planning framework based on the award-winning approached pioneered by The Natural Step
- Develop a sustainability-inspired strategic plan to improve sustainability performance.
The workshop is designed for staff from Edmonton-based NGOs who:
- Are keen to build their own knowledge and skills on strategic and sustainability planning
- Want to improve their organization’s sustainability performance
- Enjoy connecting with peers to engage in dialogue and shared learning
How it plays out:
- Workshop #1 (April 4-5) is a two-day workshop with the main objectives of building capacity on strategic sustainability planning based on experiential learning, dialogue education and adult learning principles.
- After Workshop #1, participants will be expected to apply the lessons to engage their peers to develop a draft strategic plan. Participants will be supported by one online webinar and a one-hour coaching call from seasoned practitioners. Attendance is required for both.
- Workshop #2 (June 20) is a one-day workshop that will focus on sharing learning and refining the draft plan with the input of peers, and building a forum for ongoing collaboration.
Participants are provided a guidebook that they will apply to their organizations, as well as an eLearning course that they will complete before the first workshop.
There is no registration fee for the workshops, however, to maximize the learning experience there are three criteria for participation:
- A $1,000 commitment fee that is fully refundable based on full participation (i.e. workshops, webinar and coaching call), in addition to submitting a draft plan at the end.
- Two participants from each organization to participate in the workshop series.
- A written letter of support for their participation from the Executive Director.
The workshop will have limited spots. Coffee and lunch are provided.
How do I register?
Once you are ready to register, please write to Colleen Martin (email@example.com) who will provide you with further instructions regarding the refundable deposit, letter of support and other information required to complete the two registrations.