The Director, Programs and Member Engagement is an integral member of the self-managed ECVO programs team. The team is responsible for the execution of projects, events and initiatives as well as organizational operations. The team is accountable to support, manage and drive ECVO’s strategic goals and initiatives.
This position has three primary function areas:
- Non-profit Capacity Building: develop and lead programs and events for broad market audiences in the non-profit sector. This role will be the lead on coordinating and executing the logistics for the organization, supporting the Alberta Community Support Network and ensuring the success of ECVO’s capacity building events.
- Evaluation: review current evaluation methodology and develop a system for events, projects and programs to be consistently evaluated for program development and funding reports. This role will also serve as the knowledge holder of evaluation issues, trends and emerging topics and provide subject matter expertise within the organization and in relevant partnerships and collectives to increase the nonprofit sector’s knowledge and understanding of evaluation.
- Members Engagement: with a focus on organization and individual member recruitment, renewals, retention, tracking, and reporting. This person is the first point of contact for all new and existing members and collaborates with the Communications Manager to ensure effective ongoing communication and engagement with members.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Support the growth and development of capacity building programs including managing registration, planning assigned programs, providing onsite support and the coordination of all program activities
- Conduct program evaluations; track, compile and report evaluation data for presentation to the Program Team
- Maintain financial records including budgets and actual revenue and expenditure transactions
- Conduct routine integrity reports of membership data to ensure accurate information is being stored.
- Support membership by serving as the main point of contact, updating and changing membership accounts, responding to membership inquiries and concerns and managing ECVO’s membership database
- Review all new member accounts and provide applicable reporting
- Responsible for supporting the membership committee of the Board of Directors
- Works closely with the Executive Director and Communications Manager to develop and promote membership benefits.
- Act as the main contact for general enquires regarding organizational programs and events
- Provide administration and logistical support to the Alberta Community Support Network
- Manage and coordinate the SpareSmarts calendar of learning opportunities
- Comfortable working in a team-oriented environment and can see themselves working in a shared leadership model
- Ability to plan, organize and make independent decisions when required
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines with a high degree of personal initiative
- Self-starter who takes initiative, can successfully prioritize, and managed a varied workload
- Demonstrates exceptional presentation and communications skills
- Excellent analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including proper spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Exhibit attention to detail and is committed to producing accurate and high-quality work
- Adjusts to evolving business needs and directions with a high degree of personal initiative
- Creative problem solving and judgement skills
- High level of professionalism, integrity, confidentially and accountability
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and an ability to learn and work in other software applications
- A positive attitude
- A willingness to challenge convention and a desire to learn
- Strong personal motivation and work ethic
- Attention to detail is essential
- Capacity to think critically and creatively
- Enjoys working independently, in partnerships and in team environments
- Courageous and willing to take measured risks
- A really good sense of humor
Email your résumé and cover letter to [email protected]. Please apply via email only. Applications will be accepted until August 23, 2019.