Delivery Partner Subscription Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the Edmonton Chamber of Voluntary Organizations (ECVO) Delivery Partner Terms and Conditions. Please take the time to read and understand these terms and conditions (Subscription Terms). They govern your (your or you) use of the ECVO Alberta Board Member Essentials (ABME) electronic, web-based, learning management platform (Site) as a Delivery Partner.
Once you click “I agree”, you agree to the Subscription Terms as a legally binding contract between you and ECVO to deliver ABME on behalf of ECVO through the Site. If you do not want to agree to these Membership Terms, you cannot become our Delivery Partner, nor can you deliver ABME on behalf of ECVO.
Notwithstanding anything contained in these Subscription Terms, you acknowledge that ECVO can reject a request for a subscription or the continuation of a subscription at any time.
In these Membership Terms, Content means all the training materials and resources available on the Site, including tutorials, courses, videos, documents, sample files and user forum content.
The fees for the subscription (plus any applicable taxes), accepted methods of payment and frequency of billings will be specified by ECVO. All fees, unless noted otherwise, are in Canadian dollars (CAD$).
You agree to pay the subscription fees in full, in advance, for access to the Content and Site for a period of 1 calendar year from date of approval as a Delivery Partner.
You will be approved as a Delivery Partner if you have:
- Completed and submitted the online application form;
- Paid the annual subscription fee;
- Had at least one person complete the Certified Trainer Course as determined solely by ECVO; and
- Received a written approval from ECVO as to your Delivery Partner status and assigned a territory.
Delivery Partner Requirements
You must reapply each year to remain a Delivery Partner.
You must only use a Certified Trainer to deliver Content from the Site.
You must pay an annual fee as set out on the application form.
You must always list the ECVO-approved prices for delivering ABME on behalf of ECVO.
You may provide a client discount by providing your clients with a discount code that they can enter when registering as an individual participant in the ABME course through the Site.
Certified Trainers must be trained by ECVO and must complete their training as outlined in the Certified Trainer Facilitation Manual. Certification training for one trainer is included in your annual subscription fee. Each additional certification is an additional fee as outlined on our website and must be paid in advance. Certification is not guaranteed. An individual must complete all of the elements as required by ECVO in order to become a Certified Trainer. If an individual does not complete the training for certification, in ECVO’s sole opinion, that individual will not become certified and an alternate individual must be proposed at an additional fee. No refunds will be provided for any reason.
Minimum Requirements to become an ECVO Certified Trainer
- 4 years of not-for-profit governance experience (or equivalency)
- 4 years of board experience (or equivalency)
- Sponsorship from a non-profit capacity building organization
- Complete the ABME program
- Complete the role of Table Volunteer
- Complete a delivery of ABME with a Certified Trainer and follow up coaching
Cancellation of Subscription
You may cancel your subscription at any time. You understand that cancellation of subscription will not result in a refund of any fees. Due to the sensitive nature of materials provided with subscription and the fact that the full value of the subscription vests in you immediately upon access to our Site, no refund of fees will be provided at any time.
Delivery Partner Subscription
Your Subscription is non-transferable. You must not share your username and password with anyone else or allow anyone else to access the Site using your username and password.
You are responsible for every use of the Site that occurs in conjunction with use of your username and password. You must use reasonable efforts to keep your username and password confidential. You must notify us as soon as you become aware of any unauthorised use of your subscription, username or password.
Subscription is based on annual fees which are detailed on the Site’s sign-up page. Your subscription, or access to Content and areas of the Site, will be suspended or cancelled if we do not receive your annual fees by the date provided in your renewal notice.
Availability and Use of the Site & Content
The Site will usually be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We may, however, need to interrupt or suspend your access to the Site or the provision of the Site’s services and Content, for maintenance, technical or other reasons.
When accessing and using the Site and its services and Content, you must comply with directions, instructions or protocols posted on the Site.
We are pleased to be able to offer a wide range of exclusive Content on the Site for your educational and learning needs, which we aim to regularly add to. The Content will be updated, changed or removed from time to time, at our discretion, so we can’t guarantee that specific Content will always be available on the Site.
Rights to Content; intellectual property
Content and Site are the property of ECVO. ECVO owns all Content, and all other rights in the Site including its design, compilation and look and feel.
Your subscription gives you a limited right (a revocable, non-exclusive, territory-limited, annual licence) to use the Content and Site and to deliver ABME on behalf of ECVO as a Delivery Partner. You may offer your services as an ECVO Delivery Partner to individuals or organizations. Any project files, spreadsheets or other assets associated with Content are included to demonstrate the course or tutorial. You may use, modify and manipulate files for your own personal educational purposes, but you must not otherwise exploit the files and the assets in them, or redistribute the files or assets.
You may use the procedures and techniques demonstrated in the Content (that is, the knowledge you gain) only as a Certified Trainer of Content.
The trademarks and logos displayed on the Site and Content are, unless otherwise stated, those of ECVO, and you must not use these without the prior written approval of ECVO.
Fair use and prohibited conduct
You are permitted to download Content to your computer as part of your subscription. But your membership is subject to a ‘fair use’ policy. Our ‘fair use’ policy requires that your use of the Site and the Content must be fair, genuine and reasonable. For example, the total amount of Content you download must be reasonable in light of your status as a Delivery Partner. We will use our reasonable discretion to decide whether a subscriber has complied with the ‘fair use’ policy.
You must not use scripts to automatically mass download Content.
You also must not:
- use a false email address, impersonate others, or misrepresent your affiliation with others;
- insert advertising, branding or other promotional content into the Site or Content;
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to computer systems or materials through the Site;
- engage in automatic gathering of information from or through the Site (such as “spidering”, “screen scraping”, “database scraping” or harvesting of e-mail addresses);
- attempt to interrupt or alter the Site’s operation in any way (for example through sending mass unsolicited messages, “flooding” servers, or introducing a virus, time bomb, trojan horse, worm, cancelbot or other computer routine );
- use the Site or the Content in a way that violates applicable law, that violates third party intellectual property or other rights, or that is, fraudulent, obscene, offensive, or defamatory; or
- except as allowed in these Subscription Terms, copy, distribute, transmit, modify or otherwise exploit the Content or any other data or code made available through the Site.
Intellectual property complaints
We respect the intellectual property rights of others, and require that you do the same.
Please contact us if you believe that your intellectual property or other rights are being affected by anything on the Site.
If you are specifically making a copyright-based claim regarding Content, please forward the following information to us:
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a description of the location of the alleged infringing material;
- a description of the copyright work that has been allegedly infringed; and
- a statement by you that you warrant that the information given in your claim is accurate and that you are either the copyright owner or are authorised to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Forum and community rules
We reserve the right, but are not obliged, to monitor all matter posted to the Site. We are not responsible or liable for material posted by others. We do, however, reserve the right to edit, refuse to post or to remove matter that in our discretion is objectionable or in violation of these Subscription Terms, our policies or applicable law.
You must not upload or post any materials that:
- restrict or inhibit others’ use or enjoyment of the Site;
- are false, misleading, fraudulent, unlawful, abusive, harassing, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, or offensive;
- infringe others’ rights, including privacy or intellectual property rights;
- disclose personal information about others, particularly sensitive information;
- contain a virus, spyware, or other harmful component; or
- contain commercial solicitation or ‘spam’ of any kind.
Personal information that you disclose may be used by ECVO, its agents and contractors in relation to your subscription and the Site, including marketing activities for the Site.
We may disclose any personal information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or government request.
Refusal, suspension or termination of subscription
We may, in our discretion, immediately restrict, suspend or terminate your subscription and access to the Site if we consider you in breach of these Subscription Terms, any other Site rules, or applicable law.
We reserve the right to refuse subscription in our sole discretion.
Liability and disclaimer
Except as provided in an applicable non-excludable law, we are bound only by the express promises made in these Subscription Terms and are not bound by implied terms.
Except as provided in an applicable non-excludable law:
- we do not promise that the Content or your access to the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that any defects will be corrected, or that the Site or Content are free of viruses or any other harmful components; and
- we make no promises regarding your access to, or the results of your access to, the Site or Content in terms of correctness, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reliability or otherwise.
Except as provided in an applicable Non-excludable Law, we and our affiliates are not liable for indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, loss or revenue or loss of profits which result from any use of or access to, or any inability to use or access, the Site.
Changes to Subscription Terms
We may change these Subscription Terms from time to time, but we will notify subscribers before doing so. You will be given the opportunity to cancel your subscription with a pro-rata refund (based on time remaining in your subscription) if you do not want to accept the changes. If you do not opt out in this way, your continued subscription to and use of the Site will be an acceptance of the updated Subscription Terms.
We control and operate the Site from our offices in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The laws of Alberta, Canada govern these Subscription Terms, and you and ECVO irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of the courts in Alberta, Canada.
Where a notice is to be provided under the Subscription Terms:
- In the case of a communication to be given by ECVO to you, ECVO may satisfy its obligation by, in its sole discretion:
- sending you an email to the most up-to-date email address provided by you to ECVO as indicated in your subscription information; and/ or
- posting a notice of general application to all or a group of subscribers on ECVO’s website.
In either case, receipt of such notice shall take effect on the earlier of one business day following: (a) the email being sent by ECVO, and/or (b) the posting of the notice on ECVO’s website.
Where the notification is provided by email, EVO’s only obligation is to provide the notice to the email address noted on file by you – even if there is a bounce back indicating that that email address is no longer valid, or that you are away.
In the case of a communication to be given by you to ECVO, you shall direct such email communication to email@example.com. Receipt of such communication shall take effect within ten business days of the receipt of the email on ECVO’s server.