Organizations with strong financial management skills are better equipped to fulfill their mission and deliver high-quality services.
With financial experts from KPMG and Hilary Rose CPA, CA, we’ve created this valuable course to get organization “fiscally fit.”
This exceptional program was developed specifically for the non-profit sector and will strengthen the financial skills of non-profit professionals and board members, empowering the sector overall.
The course is 21 hours in length and will be delivered over 3 days and is elegible for the Canada- Alberta Job Grant which, if approved, will cover up to 2/3 of the training cost. Partially completed applications can be obtained by contacting Colleen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lunch will be provided daily.
Day 1: September 12th, 8:45am – 4:15pm
- Session 1: Financial Roles and Responsibilities
- Session 2: Financial Policies and Procedures
Day 2: September 19th, 8:45am – 4:15pm
- Session 3: Developing and Tracking Budgets
- Session 4: Financial Statements
Day 3: September 26th 8:45am – 4:15pm
- Session 5: Audit Preparation
- Session 6: Compliance and Reporting
Registration is for ALL workshops.
This opportunity is especially beneficial to organizations that:
- Have fewer than ten staff
- Have multiple funding sources to deal with
- Are a nonprofit or charitable organization
- Have minimal financial training and experience, or are looking for a refresher
- Would like to improve their knowledge of financial practices
Our team is comprised of professionals from KPMG, The Center for Public Legal Education Alberta and Chartered Accountant Hilary Rose.
Note: This is a limited capacity event. Sales are on first come first serve basis