Position: Computer Training & Resource Centre Facilitator (CTR-CF)
Reports to: Entrepreneurs Training and Mentorship Coordinator
Closing Date: Until a suitable candidate is found
Job Summary: AHC is looking to fill a temporary, full time (37.5 hours per week), Computer Training/Resource Centre Facilitator (CTR-CF) job responsible to oversee a short-term project starting immediately. The Facilitator is responsible for all the activities of the two Computer Training/Resource centers located at the C5 Hub Northeast Edmonton and Somali Canadian Women & Children’s Association respectively. These two centers serve as hubs for access to information/resources, technology- focused training, and a network of other supports. The Facilitator welcomes and engages clients in the center, maintains supplies, equipment, and technology intended to assist participants advance their entrepreneurial and other skills.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
● Collaborate with the Training Coordinator and Program Manager in developing the computer-training curriculum, the preparation and periodic update of training syllabi/outlines, conduct assessment activities with clients and keep participants informed on training progress as appropriate.
● Facilitate basic computer training sessions focused on active learning and participant’s success strategies and considers the unique needs of learners’ to provide customized supports as needed. The training will address the development of technology skills such as set-up/use of email, use of search engines, google translate, doing research on the computer, registering a domain name, setting up an online store, use of social media, the basics of online marketing and other areas of interest to clients.
● Support participants to use appropriately, all equipment and technology available in the center.
● Develop and maintain information sharing tools/methods to inform and share with participants, relevant training, educational and occupational opportunities, information on local labour market/business trends, local community resources and other areas based on client’s requests.
● Facilitate clients’ referrals to AHC and other community services as necessary.
● Perform general administration duties of the center including maintaining attendance records, inventory lists, equipment and supplies; assist in distributing other AHC program and client materials; tracking data and preparing reports on center activities and utilization as required
● Available to work weekdays, evenings and/or Saturdays as needed.
Bachelor's degree in education, computers or related field, or Certification in Computer Skills Training.
● Experience working with learners with diverse cultural backgrounds and language abilities.
● Experience teaching digital literacy and computer skills to students of varying skill levels and abilities in an adult learning setting. Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite & Internet/Web Applications.
● Strong administrative and organizational skills. Dynamic interpersonal skills and a desire to assist others in finding other supports. Team player with strong ability to work effectively with diverse people.
Other Requirements: Successful candidates must obtain Criminal record and vulnerable sector checks.
APPLY TO: Recruitment Committee - By Email at: email@example.com SUBJECT: Computer Training & Resource Facilitator. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. We thank all applicants for your interest in the position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.