This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate individual who is interested in social justice, social change, innovation, and collaborative work. e4c’s supportive housing programs provide housing for people in the middle of life transitions, looking for stability, recovery, and a better life. In your role you serve people who, due to histories of trauma and related mental illness and addictions, need enhanced levels of housing support.
A transitional house for youth and young adults ages 16-25 was established that offers housing for those in the middle of life transitions, looking for stability, and who need a chance to build a better life. We will serve people who, due to histories of trauma and related mental health and addictions barriers, need higher levels of support than is currently available in the community.
Our houses offer a safe and supportive place that will tailor wellness and life skills supports to meet each person’s specific needs. Our houses have recovery oriented services using a harm reduction model, a welcoming environment, inclusive care, and a commitment to excellence. We are looking for energetic, passionate, and dedicated individuals to deliver our wellness driven, person-centered model.
Hours: 4 shifts on 4 shifts off: 11:30pm to 9:00am
Why Join Our Team
- Build relationships and connect people to the work we do.
- Engage with individuals in meaningful opportunities, which positively impact those we serve.
- Be a part of a supportive team, dedicated to professional and personal growth.
In Your Role You Will
- Use relationship-based approaches to teach and model a spectrum of basic life skills in the home and with residents including cooking, sleep hygiene, conflict resolution, medication management, and homemaking with residents.
- Review and contribute to information from housing program team regarding progress of the residents, significant changes in behavior, and any concerns/challenges that the resident is experiencing.
- Communicate pertinent information about residents to integrated care team to contribute to a smooth transition.
- Promotes conflict resolution, positive communication, empathy and respect through positive reinforcement, role modeling and supportive listening.
- Administers medication for all program residents.
- Facilitates positive relationship building with neighbors, community members and various other stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Certifications
- Degree or Diploma in the area of Human Services, Education and/or Administration.
- Police Information Check including vulnerable sector.
- Child Intervention Check.
- Required: Medication Administration, Suicide Intervention, First Aid & CPR
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Proof of Vehicle Insurance, Registration and 3 year Drivers Abstract.
- Recommended: Mental Health First Aid, De-escalation Certificate, Harm Reduction Training and Cultural Awareness, Food Safety
- One year of related direct service work experience.
- Proven ability to foster a team environment.
- Personal lived experience of addictions, mental illness, racism, discrimination, poverty is an asset
- Experience working in collaborative partnerships
- Working knowledge and experience with harm reduction, person-centered, trauma-informed, behavior modification, natural law, strength based, collaborative, and/or solution focused practice.
- Empathetic Outlook: The ability to perceive and understand the feelings and attitudes of others; the ability to place oneself “in the shoes” of another and to view a situation from their perspective.
- Communication: Comfortable communicating formally, informally, in groups and one-on-one. Able to obtain and share information, ideas, and problems. Able to ask for advice, support and accept feedback
- Relationship Building: Able to build formal and informal professional relationships. Fosters respect and reciprocity with participants/tenants, team members, other e4c personnel, external service providers and community members
- Accountability: Able to define expectations for self and others and to act to fulfill these expectations. Able to self-reflect, monitor and correct one’s own actions, as well as others’ actions)
- Integrity and Ethical Behavior - a clear understanding of ethical and practices. Aligns behavior with an ethical framework.
Thank you to all those apply. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.