e4c is a not-for-profit organization that works across Edmonton, helping people get what they need to tackle life’s challenges. At e4c, we are working to limit, alleviate and ultimately eliminate poverty in Edmonton. Everyone has a story . . . and we believe in a future where poverty isn’t part of it.
As a Home Educator, you will work collaboratively with families and their children that have been diagnosed with speech, communication and/or motor delays to enhance learning, skills and competencies within all environments (home, school and community). You will also have the opportunity to partner with the inter-disciplinary team to provide programs and services in the parameters of case management.
Hours: Full-time: 10 month contract, between the months of September to June. Regular work hours: Monday to Friday: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm; some evenings and weekend work may be required.
Why Join Our Team
- · Build relationships and connect people to the work we do.
- · Engage with individuals in meaningful opportunities, which positively impact those we serve.
- · Be a part of a supportive team, dedicated to professional and personal growth.
In Your Role You Will
- Participate in case management planning that focuses on the child’s total development and well-being.
- Work collaboratively with Teacher, Speech and Language Pathologist, Occupational Therapist and behavior Consultant to ensure that progress on a child’s goals are linked between sessions, classroom programming and the child’s home.
- Plan and implement educational activities, materials and learning opportunities based on the child’s individualized needs.
- Conduct initial and bi-weekly home visits in conjunction with the Case Management Team’s classroom Family Support Worker.
- Partner with inter-disciplinary team to facilitate communication development for all children using a wide variety of approaches which best meet the children’s individual needs (i.e. routine based, large group, small group and select individual interaction).
- Report children’s progress and participation in the classroom to parents/caregiver and determine appropriate transition options.
- Develop and maintain current records of Family Orientated Programming Sessions and Home Visits in accordance to program standards.
Education and Certifications
- Speech and Language Pathology Assistant Diploma, Special Needs Assistant Certificate, or Childhood Development Certificate.
- First Aid and CPR.
- Police Check with Vulnerable Sector
- Intervention Record Check.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Proof of vehicle insurance, registration and 3 year drivers abstract.
- Degree in Education or Rehabilitation Practitioner is an asset.
- 1+ years’ experience working with pre-school children.
- Experience working with socially, economically, and / or culturally diverse children and their families.
- Experience working in an inter-disciplinary team is an asset.
- Inter-Disciplinary Approach – a component which identifies ‘what people need to possess and ‘what they need to achieve’ in the workplace’; an ethical component concerned with integrating knowledge of culture, values and social awareness into professional practice; a component that emphasizes self-reflection in action; the capability to effectively implement evidence-based interventions in the service configurations of a modern best practices; and a commitment to working with new models of professional education and responsibility for lifelong learning.
- Teamwork – the ability to work cooperatively and effectively with staff, colleagues, and stakeholders to achieve collective results.
- Communication – the ability to understand and be understood by individuals and groups using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Innovative – the ability to challenge, take risks and generate new ideas to improve operations or create new opportunities.
- Personal Effectiveness – the ability to demonstrate skills, knowledge and an attitude that enable them to effectively carry out the job and to maintain personal health over time.
- Integrity and Ethical Behavior – a clear understanding of ethical and business practices.
- Service Orientation – an understanding of clients’ needs and strives to meet or exceed expectations.
Thank you to all those apply. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.