Title: On Call Early Childhood Educator
1) Child Development Supervisor (Level III)
2) Child Development Worker (Level II)
3) Child Development Assistant (Level I)
Program: Care for Newcomer Children (CNC)
Hours: Casual (days) Looking for candidates with full day availability. *Please note as this is an On Call position where you will cover permanent staff when they are sick or away, we cannot predict the number of hours you may work in the week or the month.
Length of Contract: Ongoing – The CNC operates 7.5 hours 5 days a week. Please note that at certain times a year we have session breaks of 1, 2 or 4 weeks, during which our program is closed and staff are not working.
Reports to: CNC Coordinator and CNC Team Leads
Probation Period: 3 months
Work cooperatively with the Children’s Centre team to implement intercultural programming for refugee/immigrant children, parents and ethno-cultural communities. This is an on call position to cover when centre staff members are away.
• Supervision of children ages 6 months to 6 years.
• Participate in a positive, warm environment in which the children feel free to express themselves and choose activities appropriate to their age and personal preferences. Staff should be prepared to do all duties required of centre staff in the day including diapering children, supervising children outdoors (also in the winter to -20 degrees Celsius). Staff must be able to lift children up to an average weight of approximately 32 lbs/14.5 kg.
• Engage the children in the English language to support them in learning English and also support first language learning.
• Tidy, clean and maintain the Children’s Centre.
Desired skills, education and experience:
• Day Care Orientation Certificate for (Child Development Assistant, Child Development Worker or Child Development Supervisor)
• Current First Aid Certificate for children, including CPR
• Security Clearance by the Edmonton Police Service within past 6 months
• Children’s Services Intervention Record Check by Alberta Children and Youth Services within past 6 months
• Current immunization record and TB skin test
• Additional languages an asset
• Minimum CLB 5 for speaking and listening and CLB 4 reading and writing skills
Application letters with resume and cover letter should be sent to:
Edmonton Mennonite Center for Newcomers (EMCN)
11713 – 82 Street
Edmonton, AB. T5B 2V9
Application Deadline: until the suitable candidate is found.