The key responsibilities of this position will include:
· Oversee the work related to engaging and enrolling children and youth to be involved in an agency program.
· Working with a team of child and youth supporters to create strength based relationships with children, youth and families seeking community based mentoring (traditionally known as the Big Brother/Big Sister Program)
· Taking calls, messages and email for new child and youth program inquiries and referrals.
· Directing inquires and referrals to the most appropriate program and/or providing external resources
· Providing a variety of levels of assessment for children, youth and their families to determine best program fit varying from a telephone pre-screen questionnaire to home visits.
· Delivering messages and training to children, youth and their families about program expectations, guidelines and safety.
· Supporting children and youth who are in process or waiting to be involved in a program through monthly activities, group opportunities and additional resources.
· Maintaining the status and completing updates of client data/information through follow up phone calls.
· Attending child and youth based interagency meetings to gather additional programming and resource information for clients.
· Maintaining electronic casework notes, client data and other required reporting.
The successful candidate will have:
· A University Degree or College Diploma in the area of Human Services.
· A minimum of 2 -3 years’ experience in a role involving child and youth development that has included programming, interviewing/assessments and referrals.
· Proven ability to engage children and youth both individually and in a group setting.
· Demonstrated good communication skills (written and oral).
· Ability to manage time effectively and be results oriented.
· Ability to exercise good judgment and sound decision making.
· Knowledge of resources and programs supporting families in the city and surrounding areas is an asset.
· Flexibility to work 2-3 evenings a week.
Please forward your resume quoting the competition number listed, by June 22, 2018 to:
Attention: Human Resources