e4c is a not-for-profit organization that works across Edmonton, helping
people get what they need to tackle life’s challenges. At e4c, we are working
to limit, alleviate and ultimately eliminate poverty in Edmonton. Everyone has
a story and we believe in a future where poverty isn’t part of it.
The Nutrition Support Worker demonstrates what a healthy relationship with
an adult looks like by acting as a caring and compassionate role model within
the School Community. By delivering e4c nutrition programs to children in the
school, which includes snacks and lunch. The Nutrition Support Worker performs
a variety of responsible food service activities including preparation and
service of food items, maintains food preparation area, equipment, facilities,
and services areas in a clean and sanitary manner.
up to 30 hours per week during regular school days.
Why Join Our Team
- Build relationships and connect people to the work we do.
- Engage with individuals in meaningful opportunities, which positively
impact those we serve.
- Be a part of a supportive team, dedicated to professional and personal
- In-house collaborative
training opportunities to build knowledge, skills and tools relevant to your
In Your Role You Will
- Prepare, coordinate and deliver daily healthy snacks and meal options.
- Receive food orders and utilize appropriate inventory management processes.
- Maintain clean and sanitary standards
for food preparation area, appliances, utensils and equipment, and
maintain hygienic and safe standards.
- Perform regular administration of the program including: maintaining and
submitting records to the e4c School Nutrition office, reporting on overall
program feedback, and coordinating the nutrition program registration process.
- Ensure compliance with all e4c policies
and procedure, including appropriate statues and regulations (i.e. public
- Attend workshops, in-services, or
organization meetings for continued professional growth.
- Other duties as required.
Education and Certifications
- Alberta Food Safety Basics Certificate.
- Food Safety Alberta Certification.
- Police Information Check including
- Child Intervention Check.
- Food handling experience
- Experience working with
children and diverse communities an asset.
- Volunteer experience
within a School or Community relating to children an asset.
- Teamwork - the ability to work
cooperatively, respectfully and effectively with staff, colleagues, and
stakeholders to achieve collective results.
- Personal Effectiveness – the ability to
demonstrate skills, knowledge and an attitude that enable them to
effectively carry out the job and to maintain personal health over time.
- Quality - Provides exceptional
customer service and high quality nutrition programming, while seeking
ways to improve and enhance.
- Commitment to Values of
e4c – ability
to demonstrate compassion for every individual and strives to build
positive relationships with children and the school community.
- Professionalism and
Accountability – ability to demonstrate enthusiasm for and commitment to nutrition
program and accepts responsibility for personal actions.
- Service Orientation – an understanding
of clients’ needs and strives to meet expectations. Highly motivated,
dedicated, and compassionate individual; enjoys working with children.
- Relationship Building – ability to identify and initiate working
relationships and to develop and maintain them in a way that is of mutual
benefit to both the client and e4c, ability to demonstrate what a healthy
relationship with an adult looks like by acting as a caring and
compassionate role model.
When applying, please send a
thoughtful Cover Letter and Resume that includes how your skills and experience
meet the qualifications of this position.
At e4c diversity is our
strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified
applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture,
ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity or faith.
Thank you to all
those apply. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.