Suite 402, 7609-109 Street
Edmonton, AB T6G1C3
The Alberta Dental Foundation is a province-wide foundation created by the Alberta Dental Association and College. This is a rare opportunity to apply for the chance to be a part of the inaugural Board of Directors; setting the Mission, Vision and Strategic Direction of a newly formed foundation.
We are seeking motivated people who are looking for an exciting challenge! Directors are required to attend meetings at a minimum of once per quarter and be active in the board committee system, as required, once developed. Serving with the Board will give you the opportunity to develop new skills, meet and network with a variety of people, and make a meaningful contribution to the oral health community across the province, but more importantly, Alberta’s low income and vulnerable communities.For more information about our board please contact Jacqueline at jdymianiw@ADAandC.com or 780.432.1012 #3745.
Experience in any of the following areas would be an asset:
· Risk and internal controls development
· Privacy management
Beyond skill set, preference for selection will include:
· Board or non-profit experience
· Knowledge or interest in health-related issues
· Willingness to share knowledge and connections in your community.
Benefits & Recognition
· Work with a great team and gain professional experience.
· Be part of the Founding Board for this never-before existing organization.
· The opportunity to develop the Mission and Vision of the Alberta Dental Foundation which will shape every step it takes into the future.
· Learn a new skill or use your skills to make a difference in Alberta!
3-10 hours per month for Board Members at Large, More time will be required for the Executive positions.
Closing Date & Timeline
This posting will close on September 30, 2018. Interviews for positions will be held via telephone from October 18-20, 2018. Successful candidates will be asked to attend a board meeting via telephone/skype October 25, 2018.
Please introduce yourself by submitting a letter of interest, providing a brief biography (maximum of 2 paragraphs) and listing two references. All submissions should be directed to Jacqueline at .
While all information will be sent to ADA&C staff, our external consultants Newman Consulting, will be involved in the screening process. All information submitted will be kept confidential.