Compassion House Foundation has been supporting women from Central and Northern Alberta on their cancer journey since 2002. Relying on committed donors, keen volunteers and skilled staff, the Foundation has served over 1,400 guests from 260 communities. In addition, the Foundation has completed two successful capital campaigns and hosts one of the premier annual fundraising events in Edmonton, Fashion with Compassion. The Foundation is seeking a skilled and experienced database professional to fulfill contract work, 20 hours/week for 6 months with the possibility of extension.
The Database Administrator will report to the Executive Director through the Director of Philanthropy.
Vision: Compassion House Foundation strives to ease the distress of the cancer journey for women.
Mission: Compassion House Foundation supports women who must leave their homes for cancer care.
Values: Compassion, Community, Respect, Sustainability, Understanding, Excellence
The Raiser’s Edge Database Administrator upholds the critical role of cleaning the Foundation’s data, ensuring the gifts are accurately transferred from the former database (@Ease) to The Raiser’s Edge and maintaining The Raiser’s Edge donor database for the Compassion House Foundation.
Working closely with the Director, Philanthropy, The Raiser’s Edge Database Administrator is responsible for the performance, integrity and security of the organization’s Raiser’s Edge database. This position will also be involved with the planning and development of the database as the donor database grows, as well as troubleshooting issues on behalf of the team.
· Manage and maintain the fundraising database, The Raiser’s Edge.
· Ensure data is clean and accurately transferred from former database
· Update and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for entry and reporting and ensure all entries conform to standards.
· Develop and deliver clear and accurate reporting and tracking vehicles and instructions for reports, dashboards and data extracts.
· Produce all mailing lists from The Raiser’s Edge database for communication and development purposes.
· Provide training as required to team members.
Qualifications & Skills:
· Minimum two years’ experience with databases – preferably using The Raiser’s Edge database, as an administrator in a not for profit
· Superior organizational, time management and communication skills (verbal and written)
· High degree of initiative and efficiency working with time sensitive and confidential information
· Interact effectively with all levels of employees, volunteers and donors
· Exceptional application of Microsoft Office. Broad experience with technology and software
· High level of competency with donor database management systems and creating relevant reports
Mellissa Kraft, Executive Director
Compassion House Foundation
10909-76 Ave, Edmonton, AB T6G 0J6
or fax 780-429-3018