- Great opportunity to use your project coordination experience in a challenging role!
- Don't miss this opportunity to see your work have a real-world impact.
- Enjoy a competitive remuneration package, PLUS a great host of benefits!
PolicyWise exists to improve the well-being of children, families, and communities by leading, creating, and mobilizing research and evaluation for evidence-informed policy and practice.
We are an innovative not-for-profit organization governed by members representing academia and community. Our employees are experts in data analytics, applied research and evaluation, and knowledge mobilization.
We distinguish ourselves by applying collaborative, multi-sectoral approaches to mobilize evidence to inform policy and practice decisions. For more information please visit the about section of our website.
About the Roles
PolicyWise currently has an exciting opportunity for a Project Lead to join the team in Edmonton, Alberta.
Reporting to the Director of Data Operations, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of projects that deliver on our mission to generate and mobilize evidence to improve lives. You will have a significant role in leading data-related initiatives and ongoing operations and developing new partnership opportunities with external organizations that help to leverage data and analytics to improve services and outcomes.
The Project Lead will work with community organizations and researchers to make the biggest impact with their data. The role includes operational management of priority initiatives, stakeholder engagement, project management, knowledge mobilization, negotiation, and other duties as assigned.
A key strategic initiative for this position will be to advance the Alberta Nonprofit Data Strategy with community and government partners. This includes supporting the scoping, development and implementation of Initiative Plans; formation of Task Teams; and coordinating Task Team meetings.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead in managing partnerships between organizations with varying agendas.
- Project planning and measurement/reporting of success.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders including researchers, community-based organizations, and government to facilitate the use of data and application of evidence
- Developing/implementing a project management approach (e.g., budgets, timelines, communication plans, etc) and corresponding frameworks and implementation plans
- Developing annual and project-specific work plans and methods of measuring progress
- Seeking out and developing collaboration and funding partnerships to expand the culture, processes, and capacity for data analytics with various stakeholders
- Reviewing, analyzing, and synthesizing relevant literature for specific projects/topics
- Understanding policy and policy changes within key stakeholder organizations
- Developing a knowledge base for programs, services, and policies of relevant data holdings
- Developing an understanding of data holdings from partners and potential partners including what data is collected, and the level of detail collected
- Preparing and disseminating knowledge through written reports, graphical representations, and presentation of results
- Promoting and representing PolicyWise across academic, community, and policy and practice communities
- Working with project stakeholders and PolicyWise staff to discuss, interpret and disseminate project findings/outcomes
- Developing innovative approaches to market and communicating key messaging to a variety of stakeholders
- Developing and maintain working relationships with stakeholders at multiple levels to facilitate data transfer, analysis, results interpretation, and knowledge mobilization
- Leading knowledge mobilization and capacity building activities that build data analytic and evaluation competencies in external stakeholders
- Developing and implementing cost-recovery procedures and seeking potential for other funding sources, including development of RFP responses and proposal writing.
- Liaising with potential stakeholders/researchers and promoting/marketing services to potential users (e.g. academic staff, government, community researchers, trainees)
Above all, you will work with government, community organizations and researchers to make the biggest impact with their data. This includes operational management of priority initiatives, stakeholder engagement, project coordination, knowledge mobilization, negotiation of agreements, and other duties as assigned.
In order to qualify for this role, you will have a Master’s degree in health, social science or other related disciplines (e.g., social work or public health) with a minimum of 4 years of related work experience.
You must also have experience working with multi-stakeholder groups and providing support services.
Our ideal candidate will also possess:
- Adaptability and creativity
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Engagement and relationship building
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills
- Experience writing grant proposals
- Strong work ethic and sense of accountability
- Good understanding of research and/or data analytics processes and methods
- Good understanding of research ethics
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as part of a team
- Demonstrated general computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
In order to be successful in this role, you will have a demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines and the ability to prioritize and adapt to changing tasks and requirements throughout the day. Experience working with diverse populations will be considered an asset for this role.
About the Rewards
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will receive a highly competitive annual salary, based on skills and experience, plus a great host of benefits, including:
- 50% employer paid extended medical, dental, and vision benefits
- $200 reimbursement for parking or transit
- $950 health & wellness spending account
- $500 education account
- 5 professional development days
- 10 special leave days
And that's not all! You will be welcomed into a supportive and highly collaborative environment. If you think you've got the skills to take on this rewarding and challenging role, Apply today!