Job Title: Volunteer Resources Coordinator
Position Type: Permanent Full-time
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm (occasional evening and weekend work required)
Salary/Wage: $41,061.00 – $57,323.00
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found.
CMHA-Edmonton is a non-profit organization that envisions mentally healthy people in caring communities. We increase awareness and understanding of mental health, mental illness, recovery, and suicide prevention through education. We support the resilience and recovery of people in distress including those affected by mental illness or suicide by providing crisis intervention; safe, long-term and affordable housing; peer connections; suicide grief and family support; advocacy and wayfinding; and providing opportunities to improve your wellness.
Join us and make a difference in the lives of individuals and families affected by mental illness and stressful situations including abuse, violence, and suicide.
Reporting to the Manager Community Engagement Services, the Coordinator Volunteer Resources is responsible for managing volunteer resources to assist in the delivery of the agency’s programs and services. The Coordinator is responsible for full cycle volunteer management (recruitment, screening, orientation, training, recognition and evaluation). The Coordinator is also responsible for providing guidance, support, resources and tools to staff who supervise volunteers. The position works primarily, but not exclusively, with the Helplines program, ensuring that there are qualified volunteers to take on roles as Distress Line Volunteers. The Coordinator will be an active member of a Distress Line Volunteer Work Group to ensure smooth recruitment, training, recognition and evaluation of Distress Line Volunteers. The Coordinator organizes gaming events (bingos and casinos) by recruiting, training and supervising the volunteers for these events and completing required paperwork and securing necessary licensing. The Coordinator also supports the volunteer needs of other agency service areas including practicum support, fund development, peer support, administrative services as well as education and awareness. The Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining all volunteer files, compiling program statistics, developing and maintaining a comprehensive volunteer recognition program, preparing monthly program reports, and meeting the requirements of the agency communications plan.
• Post-secondary Certificate in Volunteer Management, or related post-secondary education/course work in a field related to the volunteer sector and an understanding of current trends, resources and information related to volunteerism
• A minimum of 3 years of experience supervising and/or coordinating the work of volunteers or staff
• Attainment of membership with the Volunteer Managers Group of Edmonton
• Certification from, and membership in, the Canadian Administrators of Volunteer Resources or the equivalent provincial association is an asset
• Acceptable attainment and maintenance of a Police Information Check with a Vulnerable Sector Check and an Intervention Record Check
• Possession of a Class 5 Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle with $2M in automobile liability insurance
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated understanding of mental health; mental illness and recovery; information and referral services; and crisis intervention
• Skills in program development, evaluation and research
• Ability to work independently, set priorities, be flexible, meet deadlines and allocate time and resources effectively
• Organizational and problem solving skills
• Ability to deal effectively with the public and community agencies and maintain good public relations
• Ability to lead, mentor, coach and guide volunteers to achieve results that are in the best interest of the agency
• Ability to assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information , generate possible solutions and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
• Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office
Apply, with cover letter and resume, to: