The Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues (EFCL) is a not-for-profit organization which seeks to enhance the quality of life through supporting the 157 community leagues across Edmonton. Community leagues are ‘volunteer run’ organizations and essential providers of neighbourhood recreation, sports and social activities for all ages.
In partnership with the Edmonton Sport Council, the EFCL is seeking to engage a Community Active Recreation Consultant for a ten (10) month employment contract. Reporting to the EFCL’s Executive Director, the Consultant will:
- Inventory existing community league sport and active recreation programs,
- Re-energize the EFCL’s Walking/Urban Poling program,
- Explore and grow sport and active recreation community league initiatives.
- Degree/Diploma in Recreational/Leisure/Physical Education or related discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, customer service, organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Leadership abilities, including facilitation skills
- Strong administrative and computer skills including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be patient, tactful, courteous, and diplomatic
- National Coaching Certification Program: Fundamental Movement Skills certification, or equivalent, would be an asset
- Experience/education as an adult educator would be an asset
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license (or provincial equivalent) and access to a reliable vehicle is a requirement of this position.
All applicants are thanked for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hours of Work: An average of 25 hours per week for 40 weeks. Evening and weekend work will likely be required.
Remuneration: $20 per hour