e4c is a not-for-profit organization that works across Edmonton, helping people get what they need to tackle life’s challenges. At e4c, we are working to limit, alleviate and ultimately eliminate poverty in Edmonton. Everyone has a story . . . and we believe in a future where poverty isn’t part of it.
As a Teacher, you are responsible to ensure appropriate curriculum and individual programming is implemented in order to prepare children with special needs for a successful transition into Kindergarten. Work as part of an interdisciplinary team to ensure that the case planning for programming achieves the service outcomes & objectives.
Hours: Full-time: Monday – Friday: 8:00am to 4:30pm
Why Join Our Team
- Build relationships and connect people to the work we do.
- Engage with individuals in meaningful opportunities, which positively impact those we serve.
- Be a part of a supportive team, dedicated to professional and personal growth.
In Your Role You Will
Leadership /Classroom Education
- Work with interdisciplinary team to lead planning and implementation of programming to ensure a developmentally appropriate, play based program that reflects the needs and diversity of the children and families.
- Provide leadership and direction to classroom team to deliver programming to children and to ensure that program guidelines and classroom plans are being carried out.
- Coach Early Childhood students, parent volunteers, classroom staff and others.
- Participate in monthly program team meetings and provide feedback and input as appropriate.
- Use problem-solving strategies appropriate to addressing conflict in a safe, productive and supportive manner.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of individual program plans and individual learning plans for all children.
- Ensure educational needs and guidelines are being appropriately addressed and followed up with children and families.
- Work collaboratively in Communities of Practice groups in areas such as program planning and group activities.
- Monitor equipment and room to ensure that safety protocols are being followed for optimum protection of participants.
- Participate in debriefs and follow-ups to critical incidents and/or crisis situations in conjunction with Site Manager.
- Work collaboratively with community partnerships and resources such as CASA and Alberta Health Services.
- Maintain records and reports by appropriate documentation in order to meet program standards, such as attendance, disclosures, Individual Learning Plans, classroom files.
- Conduct program related assessments, evaluations and reports to effectively deliver and evaluate the program.
- Provide coaching, guidance and leadership to classroom staff; providing input into employee evaluations, etc.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor of Education Degree
- Alberta Teaching Certification (Interim or Permanent Teaching License)
- Current First Aid and CPR.
- Police Check with Vulnerable Sector.
- Intervention Record Check.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Proof of vehicle insurance, registration and 3 year drivers abstract.
- Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ) training
- Child Development Certificate
- 1+ years’ experience working with pre-school (2.5 to 5 years) children.
- Experience working with socially, economically, &/or culturally diverse children and their families.
- Teamwork – the ability to work cooperatively and effectively with staff, colleagues, and stakeholders to achieve collective results.
- Communication – the ability to understand and be understood by individuals and groups using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Innovative – the ability to challenge, take risks and generate new ideas to improve operations or create new opportunities.
- Personal Effectiveness – the ability to demonstrate skills, knowledge and an attitude that enable them to effectively carry out the job and to maintain personal health over time.
- Integrity and Ethical Behavior – a clear understanding of ethical and business practices.
- Service Orientation – an understanding of clients’ needs and strives to meet or exceed expectations.
- Results Driven – understands the performance requirements of the role and is accountable to deliver results.
Thank you to all those apply. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.