Permanent Fulltime Position
Salary Range: $30,694 - $40,197 annually with benefits
35 hours per week
8:30 am – 4:30 pm Monday - Friday
Canadian Mental Health Association – Edmonton Region is a ‘go to’ non-profit organization that envisions mentally healthy people in caring communities. We increase awareness and understanding of mental health, mental illness, recovery and suicide prevention through education. We support resilience and recovery of people in distress and those affected by mental illness or suicide by providing crisis intervention; suicide grief and family support; safe, long-term and affordable housing; peer support; advocacy and wayfinding; and meaningful volunteer opportunities.
Reporting to the Executive Assistant and Director of Resource Development, the Resource Development Associate will be responsible for database administration and administrative and promotional support to special events, campaigns, charitable receipting, and third party events.
· Prepare monthly giving and weekly event reports
· Prepare timely and accurate charitable receipting through donor management software
· Prepare timely gift acknowledgements tailored by appeal through donor management software
· Assist with the creation of marketing and promotional material for special events and campaigns
· Manage communications, marketing and promotional material inventory for Resource Development Team
· Manage social media platforms
· Prepare tracking documents for, assist with planning and development of, and participate in implementation of special events
· Promote and market third party fundraising in the community to support agency services
· Research potential opportunities for grant applications and corporate community investment donation programs which align with agency mission and vision
· A minimum of three years’ resource development experience, preferably in the non-profit sector
· Able to provide a recent police background check
· Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekend
· Familiarity with CRA rules governing fund development
· Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge an asset
· Familiarity with social media platforms to advance agency priorities
· Understanding of the principles of client and agency confidentiality
· Demonstrated initiative and ability to respond to situations with maturity and composure
· Personal values strongly parallel and support organizational values
· Well defined belief in the primary and fundamental value of people and social justice
Forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Application deadline December 1, 2017 or until a suitable candidate is found. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Canadian Mental Health Association-Edmonton Region and our programs.
Forward your resume and cover letter to . Application deadline December 1, 2017 or until a suitable candidate is found. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Canadian Mental Health Association-Edmonton Region and our programs.