e4c is a not-for-profit organization that works across Edmonton, helping people get what they need to tackle life’s challenges. At e4c, we are working to limit, alleviate and ultimately eliminate poverty in Edmonton. Everyone has a story . . . and we believe in a future where poverty isn’t part of it.
As the Family Support Worker you will provide support, information, advocacy and community connections to families. You will deliver weekly parent and play groups and regular home visits. As well as working independently, team work is a critical component of this position. You will work within a variety of team settings.
Hours: Full time position: Monday to Friday: 8:30am to 4:30pm; Occasional evenings/weekends may be required.
Why Join Our Team
- Build relationships and connect people to the work we do.
- Engage with individuals in meaningful opportunities, which positively impact those we serve.
- Be a part of a supportive team, dedicated to professional and personal growth.
In Your Role You Will
- Schedule and attend regular home visits with the families on your caseload.
- Through a strength-based approach, support the family in identifying and reaching their goals.
- Provide information and support for children transitioning into other programs.
- Advocate on behalf of the family, but more so empower the family to become their own advocate.
- Deliver developmental screenings on each child, make appropriate referrals and provide strategies and supports to the family.
- Plan and design play group based on the children’s interest and abilities to foster their development.
- Contribute to a team that is constantly working towards quality programming
Education and Certifications
- Diploma or degree in Social Work, Human Ecology, or Child and Youth Care.
- Current First Aid and CPR.
- Police Check with Vulnerable Sector.
- Intervention Record Check.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Proof of vehicle insurance, registration and 3 year drivers abstract.
- Child Development Certificate.
- Suicide Intervention.
- Special Needs Assistant Certificate.
- Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ) training.
- 1+ years’ experience working with pre-school children.
- Experience working with socially, economically, and / or culturally diverse children and their families.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team is an asset.
- Equivalencies may be considered with a combination of work experience and education.
- Multi-Disciplinary Approach – a component which identifies ‘what people need to possess and ‘what they need to achieve’ in the workplace’; an ethical component concerned with integrating knowledge of culture, values and social awareness into professional practice; a component that emphasizes self-reflection in action; the capability to effectively implement evidence-based interventions in the service configurations of a modern best practices; and a commitment to working with new models of professional education and responsibility for lifelong learning.
- Teamwork - the ability to work cooperatively and effectively with staff, colleagues, and stakeholders to achieve collective results.
- Organization Awareness - possess and utilizes a broad understanding of agency policies, processes and resources.
- Personal Effectiveness - the ability to demonstrate skills, knowledge and an attitude that enable them to effectively carry out the job and to maintain personal health over time.
- Resource Management - the ability to effectively manage resources.
- Integrity and Ethical Behavior - a clear understanding of ethical and business practices.
- Service Orientation - an understanding of clients’ needs and strives to meet or exceed client expectations.
Thank you to all those apply. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.