Boys & Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton & Area is an organization that believes in the promise of all children. Our team works with community volunteers, partners and other supporters to create safe environments for children to be between school and home and to provide caring mentoring relationships for children and youth. In 2018, we expect to support nearly 5000 kids and their families through a variety of programs.
Boys & Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters is seeking individuals interested in the following position(s):
Competition Number: CF0118
Position(s) Available: One (1)
Status: Full-Time Temporary 1 year contract (with the possibility of extension)
Salary Range: $40,971 - $46,355 annually
The key responsibilities of this position will include:
· Creating and providing a variety of programming for children specifically in the areas of: Physical Activity, Life Skills/ Leadership, Arts and Culture, Health and Nutrition and Academic Support
· Engaging children and families to participate in the programming services we offer.
· Providing a safe, engaging and positive place for children and families to be.
· Building relationships with program partners, in order to understand child, youth and community issues/trends within their area.
· Connecting with local community supports to enhance programming for children and youth.
· Maintaining up-to-date electronic casework notes, statistics and other required reporting in compliance with relevant standards, policies and processes and to understand impact.
· Assisting in providing basic food preparation, serving and daily cleaning for programming sites according to standards.
The successful candidate will have:
Candidates must be capable of performing independently as well as part of a team environment and have excellent interpersonal skills.
Boys and Girls Club Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton & Area really is “a great place to be”. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a supportive work environment, excellent benefits package and rewarding career opportunities.
Please forward your resume quoting the competition number CF0118 by January 14, 2018 to:
Attention: Human Resources