Join our dynamic team of human care service professionals who are committed to developing positive working relationships as an integrated team member. Within this team, you will be working collaboratively with other professionals to meet the needs of children, families and communities that lead to successful outcomes. The Family Centre requires Family Reunification workers for our Family Reunification Service.
You will be part of a team working in our Family Reunification homes that provide a family-oriented environment for parents and their children and youth aged 0 - 12 years. You will provide supports to families through the reunification process, which includes working with sibling groups and their parents in one of our homes.
You will be supporting parents to increase their parenting capacity, while maintaining attachment to their children. In order to ensure a stable and consistent environment for families, Family Reunification homes are supported 24 hours a day by team members working 12 hour shifts (days and nights) on a consistent rotation.
• Diploma/Degree in Child & Youth Care, Early Childhood Development or Human Services and equivalent experience
• Minimum 2 year experience (preferably residential)
• Standard First Aid and CPR certificate
• Suicide Intervention certificate
• Completion of Police Security Clearance and Intervention Record check within the last 6 months
• Experience working with children, youth and families with complex issues
• Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and liability insurance
Teaching, modeling and supporting attachment based parenting; collaborating with other professionals around safety planning and service planning; attending to the daily maintenance of the home; working independently as well as a part of a team.
$41,931 - $56,127 Annually.