Celebrate the value of volunteering this National Volunteer Week, April 15-21!
During National Volunteer Week, we set aside time to recognize the contributions of volunteers in Edmonton and all across Canada. With over 12.7 million Canadians volunteering 13.3 million hours yearly, there is plenty of cause to celebrate.
Want to join the conversation? Here’s what’s in store for the week and how you can take part!
Missed Saturday’s Volunteer Fair? Find your next volunteer gig in the Virtual Volunteer Fair!
Organizations are still looking for volunteers! We’ve gathered some contact information for you to reach out and join a volunteer team!
Catch up with the latest volunteer stories on the ECVO blog
Keep an eye out for a blog post each day of National Volunteer Week as we tackle a different #yegvolunteers theme each day to motivate, educate, and inspire Edmontonians to become part of the city’s volunteer movement!
- Monday’s theme is Why Volunteer? Read our blog post on why volunteering is good for you here!
- On Tuesday, we look at some vital questions to ask yourself when you’re thinking about embarking on a new volunteer adventure.
- On Wednesday, we highlighted some of the thousands of traditional and non-traditional volunteer gigs available around the city.
- Thursday’s post covered a handful of places to search for your next volunteer adventure, and some questions you may want to ask yourself ahead of time.
- On Friday, we wrapped up National Volunteer Week with a post on some of the wonderful things we saw and heard throughout the week.
Join the conversation on social media!
Throughout the week, we’re gathering stories and perspectives from locals about their experiences volunteering in Edmonton. Follow ECVO on Twitter @EdmCVO and follow the hashtags #yegvolunteers and #NVW2018 to join the conversation all week!
On Wednesday, April 18th at 11:30am, the City of Edmonton hosted another Facebook Live chat about volunteering. View the video here!
April 18 at 11:45am for National Volunteer Week Live Discussion
Posted by City of Edmonton on Wednesday, 18 April 2018
The 8th Annual Edmonton Volunteer Fair
National Volunteer Week kicks off a day early in Edmonton this year with the 8th Annual Edmonton Volunteer Fair on Saturday, April 14th, the largest volunteer fair in the city.
Look at all the variety of organizations ready to assemble their dream teams:
Is your non-profit or charity looking to connect with volunteers?
Book a table at the fair! Not only will you have space to promote your organization and connect with countless locals, but you’ll have opportunities to feature in ECVO’s week-long NVW celebrations. Visit Eventbrite to purchase a table at the Edmonton Volunteer Fair!
Are you looking to embark on your next volunteer adventure?
Connect with dozens of volunteer-based organizations looking to assemble their next volunteer dream teams at the fair! Head to West Edmonton Mall between 10:00am and 3:00pm and you’ll find us in Phase 1, right outside the Hudson’s Bay! Here’s a handy Facebook event to get it in your calendar.